South Asian Arts
Join Our Mailing List
News and Articles
News and Articles
Keeping Arts Alive
At SAA-uk, your experience with us is tailored. No matter what learning level, discipline or interest, your dedication and commitment as a SAA-uk student can lead to many different and exciting opportunities!
The earliest you can join the pathway is 4, but for younger learners, age 6 is ideal. A SAA-uk student's typical progression route is:
– students demonstrate their commitment to learning and developing, and from here are offered opportunities for solo/group performances on a professional stage with the support they need
8 years onwards
– young musicians who show a real dedication and talent are encouraged to join the Yorkshire Young Musician (YYM) scheme, the only programme in the country with a South Asian music strand
– students developing their foundation of learning and technique are given the opportunity to contribute and co-create for different innovative projects (past projects include ‘Just a Vibration' for Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival, ‘The Power of 5' for Leeds 2023, and ‘ScoreIT!' in 2018)
– with the right tools, support and techniques, our students are given the chance to deepen their practice, build confidence and people skills, and support new pupils as Music/Dance Buddies
– committed, dependable and bright SAA-uk students are given the opportunity to receive 1-2-1 mentorship from their Gurus, develop leadership skills and receive generous sponsorship to learn by becoming a Music Mentor
These experiences are definitely not the only things to gain from joining the Pathway, and there's much to discover as a part of the SAA-uk network. Joining our family means exploring your options, finding what fits for you, and spreading your wings with the new-found talents with a team that feels like home.
Email our education officer Kal at email@example.com to explore these options further and find your driving force – we look forward to having you!
“The classes are fun, you reach your goals and you can branch out into other opportunities – there's so much you can achieve.”
Varsha, Academy student
VIEW OUR LATEST BROCHURE ONLINE
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Company No. 3391845
Charity No. 1080292 | © Copyright South Asian Arts 2023 | Our
Terms & Conditions
Website design by Kal Mellor & developed by
Cloud Payments Ltd