Every Friday from 5:45pm at the Northern School of Contemporary Dance (NSCD), Leeds
Click the link on the right to read more about our class and add courses to your basket for a quick and easy checkout!
For students interested in exploring the Classical South Indian dance form of Bharatanatyam, our academy is the perfect place for anyone looking to begin their journey or for those seeking to refine their skills. Headed by Santosh Menon
, SAA-uk's dance tutor who has amassed an impressive career training and performing as a Bharatanatyam dancer and teacher, students will be supported using expert teaching techniques and an encouraging space that allows their performance skills to flourish.
In order for students to gain the most from their experience, the dance studio is equipped with the essential facilities needed to undertake professional and effective dance classes such as mirror walls and music systems, and additional equipment such as full HD screens that enable us to take our teaching to a greater level.
In addition to this, the tutor will provide students with high-quality videos and study-materials that guide them through self-practice, and at the end of the academy, students will gain the opportunity to showcase all that they have learnt in performances at exciting community events like Diwali, Holi, Navratri, and regional cultural events. Payment method
Online via the saa-uk.org websiteFor further information or to request a Bursary application form, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07494 028311What is special about our Bharatanatyam classes?
• Students ages 4 and up can find their voice through dance
• All training is provided from professional dancers who are experts in their fields as well as qualified ISTD Tutor an Examiner
• Students can continually progress upwards due to the broad range of levels
• Opportunity to share stage with professional acts as part of the SAA-uk Concert Series
• Be part of local initiatives like Light Night, and Chapel FM's Music-a-thon
• Be ready to take part community festivals (Holi, Diwali, Pongal, Ugadi, Bosaihki) or family and friend's weddings!
• Take part in large creative projects with the support of the SAA-uk Team
• Option to take ISTD
accredited by Ofqual graded exams (with UCAS points award on achieving Grade 6+) if desired, or just dance for fun
• Meet new people and make new friends and become part of SAA-uk family tree!FEE: £120 per 10-week term*
Please note: If you choose to give ISTD grade exam, there is an additional cost of £150 - £200 on top of the normal fee that covers grading preparation, assessments, and ISTD certificate. Offers and discounts*
10% for individual doing more than one discipline
10% family discount
50% parent discount when learning the same discipline as the child and on the same level.* Offers cannot be combinedFor further information or to request a Bursary application form, please email us at email@example.com or call 07494 028311