HR EXPERT – Invitation to tender
Deadline - Monday 17th May 2021 by 5:00pm
DOWNLOAD FULL ADVERT HERE
South Asian Arts-uk (SAA-uk) are seeking an expert in the field of Human Resources to carry out an audit of HR policies and procedures and create any that are deemed vital to ensure SAA-uk is HR activities are compliant. Applicants to tender must have knowledge of legal aspects of redefining job profiles.
Documents and processes in scope for review and development will include, but are not limited to:
• Create the annual performance/review policy, with guidance for staff and line managers including templates to support the process,
• Development of a competency framework and spine-based salary scale for SAA-uk,
• Review of job descriptions and roles against competency framework to provide an evidence-based assessment of pay scales/range within current roles.
The main point of contact will be a representative of the Board of Trustees. Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the consultant will be required to work with senior staff of SAA-uk and members of the board. The interim outputs will be presented to senior staff and the board of trustees prior to leading a consultation period on any changes with the SAA-uk staff.
Expressions of interest should demonstrate knowledge and experience in this area of work with an understanding of how charities and the arts sector operate. Location of work
: Due to COVID restrictions the work will be carried out remotely.Contract Duration
: It is envisaged that the work will take approximately five working days.
Submissions should include a timeline to demonstrate a recommended sequence of activity in respect of the key priorities. Submissions
should be no longer than 4 sides of A4 and must include:
• A summary of knowledge and relevant experience in this field,
• An overview of the approach you will take including timeline,
• A detailed costing including all rates.
Please submit the above, along with a full copy of your contractual terms and conditions by Monday 17th May 2021 by 5:00pm
An announcement of the successful contractor will be made on Friday 21st May 2021
Contract to commence on Monday 24th May 2021
Contract to be completed by Friday 18th June 2021For further information
, contact the Chair or Vice Chair of the Board of Trustees via SAA-uk at firstname.lastname@example.org Board Member
Joining the board is an exciting and rewarding experience, which offers the opportunity to support this unique organisation to grow, give back to the community, progress the arts and become imbedded in the arts and culture scene of England.
SAA-uk is looking for passionate, professional and highly committed individuals to join our Board of Trustees. In this position, a trustee is expected to re-invigorate and take forward our charitable causes and ambitions. Our Board is responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of SAA-uk and for developing its aims and objectives with SAA-uk's Memorandum and Articles and other legal and regulatory requirements.
Ideally, we are looking for individuals who have attended SAA-uk's events, performances or are passionate about the arts and its potential to impact an individual or community through engagement.
Key duties of a board member:
- To attend scheduled Board meetings, subcommittees to which you may be appointed and to other meetings as may be arranged from time to time
- To work in partnership with the rest of the Board, the Chair and Chief Executive to deliver SAA-uk's over-arching mission
- To ensure SAA-uk complies with all legal regulations
- To contribute to SAA-uk's achievement of best practise in relation to the quality of support it provides to its beneficiaries and in employment practises
- To perform duties in a diligent manner and use your best endeavours to promote, protect and develop SAA-uk
- To avoid in any conflict of interest and to declare any conflict which arises
- To be a guardian of SAA-uk's assets, this includes taking all due care over their security and usage, ensuring they are used exclusively in pursuance of the agreed objective
- To be an ambassador for SAA-uk
- To appoint and appraise the Chief Executive
- To contribute actively to the Board of Trustees, using any specific skill, knowledge of experience to help the Board reach sound decisions.
Board meetings take place once every three months (four times a year) and last for approximately two hours. One board and staff away-days takes place once every two years. For more information about becoming part of our Board, please email email@example.com
and request a Board recruitment pack.Volunteering at SAA-uk
Being a part of SAA-uk is all about empowering others through the arts. As a volunteer, you will be part of the SAA-uk team, governed by a supportive Board of Trustees and the CEO. We are all part of the big-hearted extended family of SAA-uk, made up of artists, participants, volunteers and audiences.
Throughout your time as a volunteer, you will be mentored and supported by members of the team and given the chance to contribute to SAA-uk and its mission through your own creativity and abilities, while at the same time, developing new skills, knowledge and experience in and about working in the arts sector. Time working at SAA-uk is flexible and you will have access to many different departments of the organisation, including marketing, PR, admin and many others. Interning at SAA-uk gives you the opportunity to step into a new environment and flourish.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Gain a deeper understanding of diversity
- Increase knowledge on South Asian music and dance
- Develop your own creative potential
- Work backstage at concerts, special projects and workshops
- Give something back to the community
SAA-uk is an equal opportunities employer and operates a safer recruitment policy.
If you would like to join our small, dedicated, fun team at South Asian Arts-uk, please see our current vacancies below. We look forward to hearing from you.